We all hope for training the perfect Armenian Gampr Dog, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the instruction is performed with care and commitment. Never forget pups learn from the first day and need to be advised what is correct, what is not, and correct socialization.
Pups are just like young children, they have to have continuous direction and instruction. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a nightmare, all you want to keep in mind are a few basic principles:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Armenian Gampr Dog
- Until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on him at all times. Whenever you are unable to then you must cage him. Create a routine for the pup, that will help her to settle very quickly. The schedule has to consist of things like hourly bathroom breaks, eating times, rest times, strolls, play time, education, et cetera. A pup that has a busy day has no time at all to become unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to respect you. Armenian Gampr Dogs live in packs and instinctively follow a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will get easy as the pup will comply with orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Use only constructive training tactics. Don’t yell at, attack, or punish your Armenian Gampr Dog. It’s not just cruel but might bring about behavioral concerns. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could very well hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in this life is free.” This is a philosophy that is generally acknowledged as an useful coaching tool. If you reinforce this, your pup will discover that to get something like affection, a walk, or snack, he needs to act well.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not encourage actions like jumping, growling, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Commend great behavior and dismiss or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly learn that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a habit you should witness the Armenian Gampr Dog in the process and startle her by rattling a container of rocks. As soon as you have done this help him deal with his behavior and instantly give him a snack and approval. Armenian Gampr Dogs do not call to mind what transpired earlier so rebuking him after an event is useless.
- Be sure to call/use his name positively. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Armenian Gampr Dog will presume that if you call his name then it is something negative. The dog should link his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this happens he will respond willingly the minute you call his name.
- Generate a training routine that is short and sweet, say ten minutes 3 times a day. Extensive repeated lessons can be boring and the Armenian Gampr Dog will lose interest in learning. Make lessons fun and use trick training to demonstrate directions like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Armenian Gampr Dog and both of you will love your lessons. The pup ought to wait to hanging out with you and not stay clear of you by turning tail or hiding. Be sure to socialize the young dog early on. Socialization is one of the most essential lessons. The Armenian Gampr Dog needs to learn to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly but surely introduce the doggy when he is small to normal endeavors and sounds. Take him to the shopping mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Master all about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are rudimentary lessons that every Armenian Gampr Dog puppy has to learn. Understand all the traits in addition to peculiarities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to properly instruct the doggie.
As a Armenian Gampr Dog owner you have a lot of choices. You may decide to train the Armenian Gampr Dog by yourself or enlist at a competent training school. Training a Armenian Gampr Dog has numerous phases: preschool, behavior training, dog sports, showing and conformation, and other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What standard you choose to teach depends upon you as well as the brainpower of your Armenian Gampr Dog. As you know, various dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Armenian Gampr Dog pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Armenian Gampr Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂