We all hope for training the perfect East Siberian Laika, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the training is performed with kindness and commitment. Do not forget pups learn from day one and need to be shown what is right, what is not, and appropriate interpersonal skills.
Puppies are just like small children, they desire regular direction and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be a challenge, all you want to remember are a few straightforward principles:
10 Tips For Training Your East Siberian Laika
- Til your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on him at all times. If you can’t then you must definitely crate him. Develop a schedule for the pup, this will help him to settle down quickly. The routine will need to incorporate things such as hourly bathroom breaks, feeding times, break periods, walks, play time, education, etc. A pup that has a very busy day has no time for being bored or misbehave.
- Train the pup to heed you. East Siberian Laikas stay in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. Once you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will end up being easy because the pup will comply with orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize only encouraging training techniques. Never ever holler at, hit, or abuse your East Siberian Laika. It’s not only cruel but will cause behavioral challenges. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could very well harm the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a system that is widely recognized as a reliable teaching method. When you apply this, the pup will be taught that to experience something like affection, a walk, or reward, he will need to act properly.
- Present the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage behaviors such as leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Applaud courtesy and disregard or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will realize that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you must catch the East Siberian Laika in the process and surprise him by shaking a can of pebbles. As soon as you have done this make him fix his behavior and immediately offer him a treat and approval. East Siberian Laikas do not recall what happened prior so reprimanding him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be sure to call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the East Siberian Laika will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The puppy must affiliate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this transpires he will come happily as soon as you call out his name.
- Generate a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Long repetitive trainings can be uninteresting and the East Siberian Laika is going to lose interest in the learning session. Help make training exciting and use trick training sessions to show directions like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Bond with the East Siberian Laika and both of you are going to enjoy your sessions. The pup must eagerly anticipate spending time with you and not stay away from you by running away or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the puppy early. Socialization is among the most significant lessons. The East Siberian Laika must master how to coexist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly and gradually introduce the dog when he is little to day-to-day activities and sounds. Take him to the shopping mall/ park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Study all about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, along with food training. These are basic lessons that every East Siberian Laika puppy must grasp. Learn about all the traits and distinctive features of the breed. This will give you valuable insights on how to properly coach the dog.
As a East Siberian Laika owner you have plenty of options. You may choose to train the East Siberian Laika yourself or register at a skilled professional training school. Training a East Siberian Laika has numerous stages: kindergarten, obedience training, dog sports, showing and conformation, along with other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What standard you decide to instruct depends on you along with the brainpower of your East Siberian Laika. As you understand, different dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your East Siberian Laika pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about East Siberian Laikas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂