Training your Talbot is pretty easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience along with 5 simple skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below are 5 Top Tips for how you can teach the Talbot with good results:
1. To avoid a Talbot from getting unsure and in order that they will be able to begin to understand instructions quickly only one person should be responsible for training your Talbot at first. When too many people are trying to train your Talbot simultaneously it might halt progress.
2. You should take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. If a Talbot follows orders, one must reward this behavior so he can know that what he did was good. If the Talbot cannot follow your commands, don’t berate him. Talbots aren’t as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you must understand is that your Talbot won’t readily obey your commands in only 1 session, it requires repeated actions to teach the Talbot successfully. Don’t harass the Talbot because he could begin to develop anxiety which might affect his learning and ability to be broken in. Trainers may give snacks to reward a Talbot, but you don’t want to overdue it.
3. Teach orders one at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 instruction after the next. If he cannot remember it, stay on that order only because trying more commands will just confuse the Talbot. Stick to the basics.
4. While teaching commands, just keep your intonation pleasant so that your Talbot will cheerfully follow your lessons. Talbots respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you ever shout out loud, he may become nervous and fearful.
5. Train the Talbot in various places. When you keep your Talbot in one certain space like your house, he might not be able to adjust to a different locale with different individuals. Take him to a dog park or through the neighborhood. This can help your Talbot get used to more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Talbot Training
Breaking in the Talbot will frequently be tough, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Talbot is trained. You never know, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Talbots
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂