Training the Seppala Siberian Sleddog is very easy. It just takes a little patience, dedication coupled with 5 simple techniques and you will teach them successfully.
In This Article are 5 Helpful Techniques for how you can teach a Seppala Siberian Sleddog successfully:
1. To prevent the Seppala Siberian Sleddog from becoming confused and so that they can begin to recognize commands easily only a single person should train your Seppala Siberian Sleddog in the beginning. When too many people attempt to train your Seppala Siberian Sleddog simultaneously this can stop the process.
2. Trainers must always use positive feedback and reinforcements. If the Seppala Siberian Sleddog obeys, you must praise the action so that he will understand that what he did was correct. If your Seppala Siberian Sleddog can’t follow instructions, never harass him. Seppala Siberian Sleddogs aren’t as intelligent as we are, they take longer to learn. What you need to realize is that they will not readily understand all your orders in only one teaching, it takes repetition to break in your Seppala Siberian Sleddog successfully. Do not push the Seppala Siberian Sleddog because he might begin to develop fear which can hinder his learning and ability to be taught. You may give them treats or food to reward your Seppala Siberian Sleddog, but don’t take it too far.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 order after the next. In case he can’t remember it, remain on that order only because adding new orders will probablly just confuse the Seppala Siberian Sleddog. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. While teaching skills, keep your inflection pleasant so your Seppala Siberian Sleddog will willingly submit to the orders. Seppala Siberian Sleddogs respond best to a low and confident voice. If you ever shout out loud, he may become unresponsive and startled.
5. Train your Seppala Siberian Sleddog in various locales. If you keep the Seppala Siberian Sleddog in one certain environment like your house, he may not be able to adapt to a new locale with different people. Take him to your park or throughout your neighborhood. This can aid your Seppala Siberian Sleddog get used to more breeds and people.
Training The Seppala Siberian Sleddog: Conclusion
Breaking in your Seppala Siberian Sleddog can often be tough, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Seppala Siberian Sleddog is broken in. Who knows, he could even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Seppala Siberian Sleddogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂