Training a Greek Harehound is not a hard task. It just takes a little dedication, patience along with five easy to learn tactics and you will break them in successfully.
Here we share five Super Tips for how you can train your Greek Harehound successfully:
1. To prevent a Greek Harehound from being disoriented and in order that they can learn instructions easily just 1 person should be responsible for training a Greek Harehound to start. If too many individuals attempt to train your Greek Harehound at once this may halt progress.
2. Trainers should utilize positive reinforcements. Once a Greek Harehound does something right, the trainier must praise the behavior so he can know that what he did was right. If a Greek Harehound won’t understand instructions, don’t berate him. Greek Harehounds are not as smart as we are, they make errors. What you should understand is that they might not easily comprehend all your commands in the first session, it takes repetition to teach your Greek Harehound . Don’t push the Greek Harehound since he could begin to develop nervousness which may stunt his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers should use treats in order to reward the Greek Harehound, although you should not overdue it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 command after the other. In case he is unable to absorb it, try to stay on that instruction only because adding additional lessons may just confuse the Greek Harehound. Start with the basics.
4. When you are giving commands, you should keep your intonation pleasant so the Greek Harehound will willingly follow your lessons. Greek Harehounds respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you shout out loud, he could be unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train the Greek Harehound in various places. If you keep the Greek Harehound in just one certain place like your home, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different locale with new people. Take him to the park or throughout the neighborhood. This can help your Greek Harehound get used to different people and breeds.
Conclusion: Greek Harehound Training
Training your Greek Harehound can sometimes be difficult, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Greek Harehound is reared. You never know, he could even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Greek Harehounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂