Training German Spitzs is not a hard task. You just need to have a little dedication, patience coupled with a few easy to learn tactics and you will break them in successfully.
Below are 5 Top Suggestions on how you can train a German Spitz successfully:
1. To avoid your German Spitz from being confused and in order that they will be able to understand commands readily just one person should train the German Spitz starting out. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train a German Spitz at once it may halt the process.
2. One should take advantage of positive reinforcements. Once your German Spitz does something good, one must praise this behavior so he can realize that what he did was good. If the German Spitz doesn’t follow and understand instructions, don’t scold him. German Spitzs aren’t as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should take into account is that they may not easily obey all your commands in the first teaching, it takes repetitive actions to train your German Spitz . Don’t scold the German Spitz as he could begin to develop nervousness which might retard his learning and ability to be trained. You can give food or treats to encourage a German Spitz, but please you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 command after another. In the event he cannot learn it, stay on that command only because trying new skills might just confuse the German Spitz. Begin with the basics.
4. In executing commands, keep your tone cheerful so the German Spitz will willingly submit to your lessons. German Spitzs respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you ever scream, he may be agitated and fearful.
5. Train a German Spitz in varying locales. If you keep your German Spitz in a particular location like your house, he might not have the ability to adapt to a different environment with new individuals. Take him to a park or around your neighborhood. This can help your German Spitz get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: German Spitz Training
Breaking in the German Spitz can frequently be tough, but it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the one to benefit when your German Spitz is reared. You never know, he might even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about German Spitzs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂