Training French Brittanys is quite easy. You just need dedication, patience and a few easy to learn skills and you’ll train them successfully.
Below are 5 Great Suggestions for how you can teach your French Brittany successfully:
1. To prevent the French Brittany from becoming confused and in order that they can begin to learn commands easily only 1 individual should be responsible for training the French Brittany initially. If too many individuals are attempting to train a French Brittany simultaneously it can halt the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always use positive reinforcements and feedback. Once the French Brittany follows orders, one must reward the act so he can realize that what he did was proper. If the French Brittany doesn’t follow commands, don’t harass him. French Brittanys aren’t as smart as us, they make errors. What you have to take into account is that your French Brittany might not readily follow all your instructions in just one training, it takes repetitive attempts to teach your French Brittany successfully. Don’t punish the French Brittany as he might begin to develop fear which may hinder his learning and readiness to be broken in. You should give them treats or snacks in order to praise your French Brittany, although you should not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Try to train him on 1 skill after another. If he is unable to learn it, just stay on that instruction only because piling on new commands will most likely just confuse the French Brittany. Start with the basics.
4. When giving instructions, you must keep your intonation cheerful so the French Brittany will happily submit to the teachings. French Brittanys respond best to a low and coaxing voice. If you scream, he might be agitated and fearful.
5. Train a French Brittany in various locations. When you keep your French Brittany in one particular space like your home, he won’t be able to adjust to a new space with new individuals. Take him to your park or around the neighborhood. This can aid your French Brittany get familiar with different breeds and people.
Training The French Brittany: Conclusion
Teaching the French Brittany will often be difficult, but it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your French Brittany is broken in. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about French Brittanys
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂