Training English Foxhounds is very easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication together with five easy to learn skills and you will teach them successfully.
Below we share five Top Techniques for how you can teach the English Foxhound with good results:
1. To prevent a English Foxhound from becoming confused and in order that they will be able to understand commands quickly only one person should train your English Foxhound in the beginning. In instances where too many individuals are attempting to train the English Foxhound at the same time this will stop the process.
2. You should always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever the English Foxhound does something good, one must reward the action so that he can understand that what he did was right. If your English Foxhound doesn’t follow your commands, never berate him. English Foxhounds are not as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you have to take into account is that they won’t readily comprehend your orders in only one training, it requires repetitive actions to teach a English Foxhound . Do not punish the English Foxhound because he could develop skittishness which might affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers might give them food or snacks in order to reward your English Foxhound, but you don’t want to overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him one lesson after the other. If he cannot learn it, stay on that command only because adding additional lessons will most likely just confuse the English Foxhound. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When you are teaching commands, just keep your intonation pleasant so your English Foxhound will cheerfully follow the lessons. English Foxhounds respond to a quiet and confident voice. If you ever yell, he could be agitated and startled.
5. Train a English Foxhound in multiple places. If you keep your English Foxhound in just one certain environment like your house, he may not have the ability to adapt to a new environment with different people. Take him to a dog park or around the neighborhood. This will aid your English Foxhound get used to different people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training Your English Foxhound
Teaching your English Foxhound can sometimes be tough, however it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your English Foxhound is taught. Who knows, he could even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Foxhounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂