Training Beagle-Harriers is quite simple. You just need patience, dedication coupled with these 5 easy to learn skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below are 5 Top Tips for how to break in your Beagle-Harrier with fantastic results:
1. To prevent the Beagle-Harrier from being unsure and so that they will be able to learn orders quickly only a single person should be responsible for training your Beagle-Harrier in the beginning. In instances where too many people attempt to train a Beagle-Harrier at the same time this can stop progress.
2. One must use positive feedback and reinforcements. Whenever the Beagle-Harrier does something well, you should praise the act so he will know that what he did was right. If your Beagle-Harrier doesn’t understand commands, never punish him. Beagle-Harriers are not as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you have to take into account is that the Beagle-Harrier may not readily follow all your instructions in the first session, it requires repetitive attempts to train the Beagle-Harrier successfully. Do not berate the Beagle-Harrier as he could develop timidness which may stunt his learning and willingness to be trained. You should give them snacks in order to encourage the Beagle-Harrier, but definitely do not take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 order after another. In case he cannot learn it, try to remain on that command only because piling on more skills will just confuse the Beagle-Harrier. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. While teaching skills, keep your inflection cheerful so your Beagle-Harrier will gladly follow the teachings. Beagle-Harriers will respond to a quiet and confident voice. If you ever shout out loud, he could be annoyed and startled.
5. Train your Beagle-Harrier in different locales. When you keep a Beagle-Harrier in 1 particular location like your home, he won’t have the ability to adjust to a new location with different individuals. Take him to your park or around your neighborhood. This can help your Beagle-Harrier associate with more breeds and people.
Training A Beagle-Harrier: Conclusion
Breaking in a Beagle-Harrier can often be challenging, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Beagle-Harrier is reared. You don’t know, he could even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Beagle-Harriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂