Training Alaskan Malamutes is very easy. You just need to have a little patience, dedication as well as a few easy to learn tricks and you will train them successfully.
Here we share five Super Suggestions for how to train a Alaskan Malamute with great results:
1. To avoid your Alaskan Malamute from being disoriented and so that they can learn instructions quickly only one person should be responsible for training your Alaskan Malamute at first. If too many individuals try to train the Alaskan Malamute at the same time it can stop progress.
2. You must always take advantage of positive reinforcements. Whenever the Alaskan Malamute does something right, the trainier must praise the action so he will realize that what he did was right. If your Alaskan Malamute cannot understand commands, never push him. Alaskan Malamutes are not as intelligent as we are, they take longer to learn. What you need to take into account is that your Alaskan Malamute won’t readily follow all your instructions in the first session, it takes repetition to train your Alaskan Malamute . Don’t push the Alaskan Malamute since he might develop skittishness which will probaby hinder his learning and ability to be broken in. Trainers can give them snacks or treats in order to reward your Alaskan Malamute, but don’t overdue it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Try to teach him 1 command after the next. In the instance where he won’t learn it, remain on that instruction only because adding more commands will probablly just confuse the Alaskan Malamute. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When giving orders, keep your intonation pleasant so the Alaskan Malamute will happily obey the instructions. Alaskan Malamutes will respond to a quiet and confident voice. When you yell, he might become nervous and startled.
5. Train your Alaskan Malamute in varying locales. If you keep the Alaskan Malamute in just one certain place like your house, he might not be able to adjust to a new environment with new people. Take him to the dog park or through your neighborhood. This will help your Alaskan Malamute get used to other people and breeds.
Alaskan Malamute Training: Conclusion
Breaking in the Alaskan Malamute can often be hard, however it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Alaskan Malamute is trained. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Alaskan Malamutes
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂