Training Tibetan Terriers is quite simple. All that’s required is dedication, patience coupled with some easy to learn tactics and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share 5 Super Suggestions on how you can teach your Tibetan Terrier successfully:
1. To prevent your Tibetan Terrier from being unsure and in order that they will be able to learn instructions readily only 1 individual should train a Tibetan Terrier starting out. In instances where too many people are trying to train a Tibetan Terrier at once this can stop progress.
2. You should always utilize positive reinforcements. If the Tibetan Terrier does something good, one must praise the behavior so that he can know that what he did was welcomed. If the Tibetan Terrier does not understand and follow instructions, never punish him. Tibetan Terriers aren’t as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you have to understand is that your Tibetan Terrier won’t readily understand all your commands in the first teaching, it takes repeated actions to train a Tibetan Terrier successfully. Don’t push the Tibetan Terrier since he may develop timidness which may affect his learning and willingness to be taught. You may give them food or snacks in order to encourage the Tibetan Terrier, but you don’t want to overdue it.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Try to train him on 1 instruction after another. If he is unable to remember it, remain on that command only because piling on more instructions will just confuse the Tibetan Terrier. Rely on the basics.
4. While teaching skills, keep your inflection pleasant so your Tibetan Terrier will gladly obey the teachings. Tibetan Terriers respond best to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you ever yell, he might get annoyed and fearful.
5. Train your Tibetan Terrier in multiple environments. When you keep the Tibetan Terrier in a particular space like your home, he may not be able to adjust to a different environment with new individuals. Take him to the dog park or around your neighborhood. This will aid your Tibetan Terrier get used to different people and breeds.
Training The Tibetan Terrier: Conclusion
Breaking in your Tibetan Terrier will sometimes be tough, however it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Tibetan Terrier is trained. Who knows, he might even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tibetan Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂