Training your Smooth Collie is not a hard task. All that’s required is dedication, patience together with five simple techniques and you’ll train them successfully.
In This Article we share five Great Suggestions on how to teach your Smooth Collie with great results:
1. In order to prevent your Smooth Collie from being disoriented and in order that they will be able to understand commands quickly only one person should train a Smooth Collie starting out. When too many people try to train your Smooth Collie simultaneously this may halt progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers must utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. Whenever the Smooth Collie listens, one should praise this behavior so that he can know that what he did was welcomed. If a Smooth Collie will not follow instructions, never scold him. Smooth Collies aren’t as smart as we are, they make mistakes. What you must understand is that your Smooth Collie may not readily comprehend all your instructions in the first teaching, it takes repetition to train the Smooth Collie successfully. Don’t harass the Smooth Collie because he might develop anxiety which can hinder his learning and willingness to be trained. You can use treats or snacks in order to praise the Smooth Collie, although you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 command after the next. If he will not absorb it, remain on that command only because trying more commands might just confuse the Smooth Collie. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. In giving commands, just keep your inflection pleasant so your Smooth Collie will willingly follow the instructions. Smooth Collies respond to a low and confident voice. If you shout out loud, he may be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train the Smooth Collie in multiple environments. If you keep a Smooth Collie in just one certain location like your house, he will not be able to adapt to a different location with different people. Take him to the dog park or through the neighborhood. This can aid your Smooth Collie get used to other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Smooth Collie Training
Breaking in a Smooth Collie will frequently be hard, but it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Smooth Collie is reared. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Smooth Collies
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂