Training Old Croatian Sighthounds is quite simple. All you need is patience, dedication coupled with these five easy to learn tactics and you will teach them successfully.
In This Article are 5 Super Suggestions for how to train a Old Croatian Sighthound successfully:
1. In order to avoid the Old Croatian Sighthound from becoming unsure and so that they can learn orders readily just one individual should be responsible for training your Old Croatian Sighthound starting out. If too many folks are attempting to train the Old Croatian Sighthound simultaneously it might stop the process in its tracks.
2. You must take advantage of positive feedback. If a Old Croatian Sighthound obeys, you might praise it so he can know that what he did was good. If your Old Croatian Sighthound won’t follow commands, don’t berate him. Old Croatian Sighthounds aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you have to take into account is that a Old Croatian Sighthound might not readily follow your orders in only one training, it requires repetitive actions to teach a Old Croatian Sighthound . Do not scold the Old Croatian Sighthound because he might develop fear which will probaby hinder his learning and willingness to be trained. Trainers can use snacks or treats in order to praise a Old Croatian Sighthound, but you don’t want to overuse it.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 skill after another. If he won’t retain it, just remain on that lesson only because trying other skills may just confuse the Old Croatian Sighthound. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When giving lessons, just keep your inflection pleasant so the Old Croatian Sighthound will gleefully obey your instructions. Old Croatian Sighthounds respond best to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you shout out loud, he may become agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Old Croatian Sighthound in varying locales. When you keep a Old Croatian Sighthound in just 1 certain space like your house, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new place with different people. Take him to a dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This will assist your Old Croatian Sighthound get acquainted with different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Old Croatian Sighthound Training
Training your Old Croatian Sighthound can often be hard, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Old Croatian Sighthound is broken in. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Old Croatian Sighthounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂