Training your Ibizan Hound is quite simple. All that’s required is patience, dedication and a few easy to learn skills and you will train them successfully.
Here are 5 Top Techniques for how to train the Ibizan Hound successfully:
1. To avoid your Ibizan Hound from being unsure and so that they will be able to understand commands readily only 1 person should train your Ibizan Hound initially. In instances where too many folks are attempting to train the Ibizan Hound at once this will stop the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers must take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. When the Ibizan Hound obeys, you might praise the behavior so that he will understand that what he did was right. If your Ibizan Hound doesn’t follow and understand commands, don’t berate him. Ibizan Hounds aren’t as intelligent as people, they make errors. What you need to take into account is that they will not readily understand your commands in the first training, it takes repetition to teach a Ibizan Hound . Don’t scold your Ibizan Hound because he may develop skittishness which might retard his learning and willingness to be trained. Trainers may use snacks or food in order to reward your Ibizan Hound, but definitely you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 instruction after another. In case he can’t learn it, try to stay on that instruction only because adding additional lessons may just confuse the Ibizan Hound. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing lessons, you should keep your intonation cheerful so that your Ibizan Hound will happily follow the teachings. Ibizan Hounds respond best to a low and confident tone. If you yell, he might become nervous and startled.
5. Train your Ibizan Hound in varying locales. When you keep the Ibizan Hound in a particular environment like your home, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a new place with different people. Take him to the park or throughout your neighborhood. This will assist your Ibizan Hound get used to other people and breeds.
Ibizan Hound Training: Conclusion
Breaking in the Ibizan Hound will often be hard, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Ibizan Hound is trained. You never know, he might even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Ibizan Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂