Training Finnish Hounds is very simple. All you need is patience, dedication coupled with these five simple techniques and you’ll break them in successfully.
Here we share 5 Great Suggestions on how to teach your Finnish Hound with great results:
1. In order to prevent the Finnish Hound from being unsure and so that they will be able to learn to recognize orders easily just 1 person should be responsible for training the Finnish Hound starting out. In instances where too many folks are trying to train the Finnish Hound simultaneously it might halt progress.
2. One should always utilize positive feedback. If your Finnish Hound listens, you should praise the act so that he will understand that what he did was right. If the Finnish Hound does not follow instructions, never punish him. Finnish Hounds are not as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you should realize is that they may not easily follow your orders in the first training, it requires repetition to teach your Finnish Hound . Do not push a Finnish Hound since he could develop nervousness which will retard his learning and ability to be taught. You can give them food or snacks in order to encourage a Finnish Hound, but you shouldn’t overdue it.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Try to teach him one skill after another. In case he can’t learn it, just remain on that lesson only because trying new orders may just confuse the Finnish Hound. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When giving orders, keep your intonation cheerful so that your Finnish Hound will willingly submit to your commands. Finnish Hounds respond best to a low and coaxing tone. When you yell, he could be annoyed and afraid.
5. Train a Finnish Hound in different places. When you keep your Finnish Hound in 1 particular environment like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a new locale with different people. Take him to your park or throughout your neighborhood. This will help your Finnish Hound get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training A Finnish Hound
Teaching the Finnish Hound will often be difficult, however it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Finnish Hound is reared. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Finnish Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂