Training a Drentse Patrijshond is pretty simple. Just have a little dedication, patience and five simple skills and you will train them successfully.
Here are 5 Super Techniques for how you can teach your Drentse Patrijshond with great results:
1. To prevent the Drentse Patrijshond from being confused and so that they will be able to learn orders quickly only a single person should train the Drentse Patrijshond starting out. When too many individuals are trying to train the Drentse Patrijshond at once this may stop progress in its tracks.
2. One must utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Once your Drentse Patrijshond follows commands, you should praise the act so that he can understand that what he did was right. If a Drentse Patrijshond can’t follow your commands, don’t berate him. Drentse Patrijshonds aren’t as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you need to realize is that they will not easily understand all your orders in the first teaching, it requires repetitive attempts to train your Drentse Patrijshond successfully. Do not scold your Drentse Patrijshond because he may begin to develop skittishness which will reduce the rate of his learning and readiness to be broken in. Trainers should give them food or snacks in order to reward your Drentse Patrijshond, although you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on one lesson after the other. In the instance where he cannot absorb it, try to remain on that instruction only because piling on new orders might just confuse the Drentse Patrijshond. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When executing orders, just keep your tone pleasant so that the Drentse Patrijshond will gladly submit to the commands. Drentse Patrijshonds respond best to a low and coaxing voice. When you scream, he could be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train your Drentse Patrijshond in various locations. When you keep a Drentse Patrijshond in a particular place like your home, he might not be able to adapt to a different space with different people. Take him to the dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This can aid your Drentse Patrijshond get used to different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The Drentse Patrijshond
Teaching a Drentse Patrijshond will often be tough, however it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Drentse Patrijshond is taught. You don’t know, he may even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Drentse Patrijshonds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂