Training American Akitas is quite simple. You just need to have a little patience, dedication together with these simple tricks and you will teach them successfully.
Below are 5 Helpful Tips for how to teach the American Akita successfully:
1. In order to avoid the American Akita from becoming confused and so that they can begin to understand instructions easily just one person should be responsible for training the American Akita initially. If too many folks are attempting to train your American Akita at the same time it will halt the process.
2. One must use positive feedback and reinforcements. If your American Akita follows commands, the trainier might reward the act so that he can realize that what he did was correct. If the American Akita cannot understand instructions, never punish him. American Akitas aren’t as intelligent as we are, they take longer to learn. What you should realize is that they might not easily follow all your instructions in only one teaching, it requires repetition to teach the American Akita . Do not scold your American Akita as he may begin to develop nervousness which might retard his learning and readiness to be trained. You may use snacks or food in order to praise a American Akita, but do not take it too far.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 skill after the next. In the event he is unable to remember it, try to remain on that command only because piling on new orders might just confuse the American Akita. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. While teaching instructions, just keep your voice cheerful so that the American Akita will gladly obey your teachings. American Akitas respond to a quiet and confident tone. If you ever scream, he may be nervous and fearful.
5. Train a American Akita in multiple spaces. When you keep a American Akita in 1 particular place like your home, he may not have the ability to adjust to a new environment with new individuals. Take him to your dog park or around your neighborhood. This will assist your American Akita get used to other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training Your American Akita
Breaking in a American Akita will sometimes be challenging, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your American Akita is taught. Who knows, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about American Akitas
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂