Training Treeing Walker Coonhounds is not a hard task. Just have a little dedication, patience and these five simple techniques and you’ll teach them successfully.
In This Article we share 5 Helpful Tips on how you can teach the Treeing Walker Coonhound successfully:
1. In order to prevent your Treeing Walker Coonhound from being confused and so that they can understand commands easily just 1 individual should be responsible for training your Treeing Walker Coonhound starting out. If too many people are trying to train your Treeing Walker Coonhound at the same time this might stop progress.
2. One should always use positive feedback. Whenever the Treeing Walker Coonhound obeys, the trainier might praise the act so that he can understand that what he did was right. If your Treeing Walker Coonhound can’t understand commands, never harass him. Treeing Walker Coonhounds aren’t as intelligent as us, they make errors. What you must accept is that they will not readily understand your commands in the first training, it requires repetitive actions to train your Treeing Walker Coonhound . Do not push your Treeing Walker Coonhound since he may develop timidness which may negatively affect his learning and ability to be trained. You should use snacks or food to praise your Treeing Walker Coonhound, but you should not overuse it.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Make sure to train him on one order after another. In case he won’t learn it, just stay on that skill only because adding more instructions will most likely just confuse the Treeing Walker Coonhound. Start with the basics.
4. While teaching lessons, you should keep your tone cheerful so the Treeing Walker Coonhound will willingly follow the commands. Treeing Walker Coonhounds respond to a low and confident tone. If you shout out loud, he might become nervous and afraid.
5. Train a Treeing Walker Coonhound in various environments. If you keep your Treeing Walker Coonhound in 1 certain location like your home, he will not be able to adjust to a new environment with different individuals. Take him to your park or throughout the neighborhood. This will assist your Treeing Walker Coonhound get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Treeing Walker Coonhound Training
Teaching your Treeing Walker Coonhound will often be tough, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Treeing Walker Coonhound is reared. You never know, he may even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Treeing Walker Coonhounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂