Training a Shetland Sheepdog is quite easy. You just need to have a little dedication, patience as well as some simple skills and you will train them successfully.
Here are five Top Techniques for how to teach the Shetland Sheepdog with good results:
1. To avoid a Shetland Sheepdog from becoming confused and so that they can understand instructions quickly only one person should train a Shetland Sheepdog in the beginning. When too many individuals attempt to train your Shetland Sheepdog at once it might halt the process.
2. Trainers should utilize positive reinforcements. When the Shetland Sheepdog does something well, one must reward the act so that he can realize that what he did was welcomed. If the Shetland Sheepdog can’t follow commands, never punish him. Shetland Sheepdogs are not as smart as we are, they make mistakes. What you need to understand is that they might not readily comprehend your commands in only one session, it requires repetition to teach your Shetland Sheepdog successfully. Don’t push your Shetland Sheepdog as he could begin to develop timidness which will probaby stunt his learning and ability to be trained. You might use food to praise the Shetland Sheepdog, but you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach orders one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 command after another. If he is unable to learn it, just stay on that order only because adding more lessons may just confuse the Shetland Sheepdog. Rely on the basics.
4. While giving instructions, keep your tone pleasant so your Shetland Sheepdog will gladly follow the commands. Shetland Sheepdogs respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. When you yell, he might become agitated and fearful.
5. Train your Shetland Sheepdog in multiple environments. When you keep your Shetland Sheepdog in 1 particular space like your house, he will not be able to adapt to a different space with different individuals. Take him to your park or throughout your neighborhood. This will assist your Shetland Sheepdog associate with more people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training Your Shetland Sheepdog
Training your Shetland Sheepdog will sometimes be challenging, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Shetland Sheepdog is trained. You don’t know, he may even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Shetland Sheepdogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂