Training your Pyrenean Shepherd is not a hard job. All you need is dedication, patience and these five easy to learn skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below we share 5 Useful Tips on how to break in a Pyrenean Shepherd successfully:
1. To avoid the Pyrenean Shepherd from getting confused and so that they can understand commands quickly only a single person should be responsible for training the Pyrenean Shepherd in the beginning. In instances where too many folks attempt to train a Pyrenean Shepherd simultaneously this will halt progress.
2. One must use positive reinforcements and feedback. Once a Pyrenean Shepherd follows commands, the trainier might reward the act so that he will know that what he did was good. If the Pyrenean Shepherd won’t understand and follow instructions, never harass him. Pyrenean Shepherds are not as smart as people, they make errors. What you should accept is that they won’t readily understand your orders in the first session, it takes repetitive actions to train the Pyrenean Shepherd successfully. Do not harass the Pyrenean Shepherd as he could develop timidness which will affect his learning and willingness to be trained. Trainers may give them food to praise a Pyrenean Shepherd, although you do not want to overdue it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 instruction after the other. If he won’t remember it, just stay on that lesson only because trying additional orders might just confuse the Pyrenean Shepherd. Begin with the basics.
4. While teaching instructions, just keep your voice cheerful so your Pyrenean Shepherd will happily submit to the instructions. Pyrenean Shepherds respond best to a quiet and confident voice. If you ever shout out loud, he might get annoyed and afraid.
5. Train the Pyrenean Shepherd in varying places. If you keep the Pyrenean Shepherd in one particular place like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a new locale with new individuals. Take him to a park or through the neighborhood. This can aid your Pyrenean Shepherd get used to more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Pyrenean Shepherd Training
Breaking in the Pyrenean Shepherd will sometimes be hard, but it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Pyrenean Shepherd is reared. You don’t know, he might even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pyrenean Shepherds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂