Training your Parson Russell Terrier is not a hard task. All that’s required is dedication, patience as well as these 5 simple techniques and you’ll train them successfully.
Below are 5 Super Tips on how you can break in your Parson Russell Terrier with good results:
1. To avoid a Parson Russell Terrier from getting unsure and so that they will be able to learn orders readily only a single individual should train a Parson Russell Terrier at first. When too many folks try to train the Parson Russell Terrier at once it might stop the process.
2. Trainers must always take advantage of positive reinforcements. Whenever the Parson Russell Terrier listens, the trainier must praise it so that he will realize that what he did was welcomed. If your Parson Russell Terrier doesn’t follow your commands, never berate him. Parson Russell Terriers aren’t as smart as us, they make mistakes. What you have to take into account is that they may not easily comprehend your orders in just 1 teaching, it requires repetition to break in a Parson Russell Terrier . Do not berate the Parson Russell Terrier as he might develop skittishness which can reduce the speed of his learning and willingness to be taught. You might use treats in order to reward the Parson Russell Terrier, but please you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Try to teach him one order after another. If he won’t absorb it, try to stay on that command only because trying other commands might just confuse the Parson Russell Terrier. Stick to the basics.
4. When executing lessons, you should keep your voice pleasant so that the Parson Russell Terrier will gleefully obey the orders. Parson Russell Terriers will respond to a quiet and confident voice. If you shout out loud, he may be nervous and fearful.
5. Train a Parson Russell Terrier in varying places. If you keep a Parson Russell Terrier in just one certain place like your house, he may not be able to adjust to a new space with new individuals. Take him to a park or throughout your neighborhood. This will aid your Parson Russell Terrier get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Training The Parson Russell Terrier: Conclusion
Training your Parson Russell Terrier can sometimes be tough, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Parson Russell Terrier is broken in. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Parson Russell Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂