Training a Lhasa Apso is not a hard job. All that’s required is patience, dedication together with a few simple tricks and you’ll teach them successfully.
Here we share five Top Tips for how you can break in a Lhasa Apso with great results:
1. To avoid a Lhasa Apso from getting confused and so that they can understand orders quickly just 1 person should train your Lhasa Apso at first. In instances where too many folks are attempting to train the Lhasa Apso simultaneously this may stop the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always utilize positive reinforcements. Once the Lhasa Apso listens, the trainier might praise it so he will understand that what he did was correct. If a Lhasa Apso cannot follow and understand instructions, don’t harass him. Lhasa Apsos aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to realize is that your Lhasa Apso may not readily understand all your orders in only 1 teaching, it takes repetitive actions to train the Lhasa Apso . Do not push the Lhasa Apso since he may develop timidness which will probaby reduce the rate of his learning and readiness to be taught. You should use food to reward your Lhasa Apso, but you should not take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Try to teach him 1 order after the next. In the event he cannot retain it, just stay on that skill only because trying more instructions might just confuse the Lhasa Apso. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing instructions, just keep your intonation cheerful so that your Lhasa Apso will willingly follow the instructions. Lhasa Apsos respond to a quiet and confident tone. If you ever scream, he might become unresponsive and startled.
5. Train the Lhasa Apso in varying locations. When you keep your Lhasa Apso in just one certain environment like your house, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a different location with new people. Take him to a dog park or around the neighborhood. This will assist your Lhasa Apso get familiar with different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training A Lhasa Apso
Training your Lhasa Apso can often be challenging, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Lhasa Apso is reared. Who knows, he may even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lhasa Apsos
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂