Training a Japanese Terrier is pretty easy. You just need to have a little patience, dedication together with these five easy to learn skills and you will train them successfully.
Here are 5 Super Suggestions for how to train your Japanese Terrier with fantastic results:
1. To avoid your Japanese Terrier from getting confused and in order that they can begin to recognize instructions readily only one person should be responsible for training a Japanese Terrier at first. In instances where too many people attempt to train the Japanese Terrier at the same time it can halt the process in its tracks.
2. One should always take advantage of positive reinforcements. Whenever the Japanese Terrier obeys, one must reward the act so he will realize that what he did was right. If a Japanese Terrier will not follow and understand instructions, never punish him. Japanese Terriers are not as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should accept is that they may not readily understand your commands in the first training, it requires repetition to train the Japanese Terrier . Do not punish your Japanese Terrier as he might develop timidness which will probaby retard his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers can give them snacks to reward your Japanese Terrier, but definitely don’t overuse it.
3. Teach lessons 1 at a time. Try to teach him one skill after the next. In case he will not absorb it, stay on that command only because trying other lessons might just confuse the Japanese Terrier. Rely on the basics.
4. When teaching commands, just keep your tone pleasant so the Japanese Terrier will happily follow your commands. Japanese Terriers respond best to a low and coaxing voice. If you ever scream, he could become unresponsive and fearful.
5. Train a Japanese Terrier in multiple locales. If you keep the Japanese Terrier in 1 particular space like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a different space with different individuals. Take him to a dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This can help your Japanese Terrier get used to other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The Japanese Terrier
Teaching the Japanese Terrier can frequently be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your Japanese Terrier is reared. You never know, he might even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Japanese Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂