Training Irish Water Spaniels is not a hard task. You just need dedication, patience and these simple tricks and you will teach them successfully.
Here are 5 Helpful Suggestions for how to teach your Irish Water Spaniel with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid your Irish Water Spaniel from getting confused and so that they can begin to recognize instructions readily just a single individual should train a Irish Water Spaniel to start. When too many individuals try to train your Irish Water Spaniel simultaneously it will stop the process.
2. One must use positive feedback and reinforcements. Whenever the Irish Water Spaniel obeys, the trainier should praise the action so that he can understand that what he did was welcomed. If your Irish Water Spaniel can’t understand instructions, don’t push him. Irish Water Spaniels aren’t as intelligent as us, they make mistakes. What you must realize is that the Irish Water Spaniel might not easily understand all your orders in the first teaching, it requires repeated attempts to break in your Irish Water Spaniel . Do not punish a Irish Water Spaniel since he could begin to develop timidness which will probaby affect his learning and readiness to be broken in. Trainers should give them snacks to praise a Irish Water Spaniel, but you should not overuse it.
3. Teach lessons 1 at a time. Attempt to teach him one command after another. In case he won’t retain it, just stay on that instruction only because piling on new lessons will just confuse the Irish Water Spaniel. Start with the basics.
4. When giving skills, keep your tone cheerful so the Irish Water Spaniel will gladly submit to your lessons. Irish Water Spaniels respond best to a low and confident tone. If you ever scream, he could be annoyed and startled.
5. Train your Irish Water Spaniel in multiple places. When you keep a Irish Water Spaniel in one particular space like your home, he will not be able to adjust to a different location with new individuals. Take him to a dog park or around your neighborhood. This can help your Irish Water Spaniel get used to other breeds and people.
Irish Water Spaniel Training: Conclusion
Teaching a Irish Water Spaniel can often be hard, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Irish Water Spaniel is taught. You never know, he could even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Irish Water Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂