Training English Cocker Spaniels is not a hard task. Just have a little patience, dedication along with some easy to learn skills and you will train them successfully.
Here we share five Great Suggestions for how you can teach your English Cocker Spaniel with great results:
1. To avoid the English Cocker Spaniel from becoming disoriented and in order that they will be able to learn to recognize orders readily only a single individual should train a English Cocker Spaniel in the beginning. If too many people attempt to train a English Cocker Spaniel simultaneously this will stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers must always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. If your English Cocker Spaniel does something good, the trainier might reward this behavior so that he can understand that what he did was correct. If the English Cocker Spaniel can’t follow or understand commands, never punish him. English Cocker Spaniels aren’t as smart as us, they take longer to learn. What you must accept is that they won’t easily understand your commands in only one teaching, it requires repetition to break in the English Cocker Spaniel . Don’t push a English Cocker Spaniel because he may begin to develop nervousness which may stunt his learning and willingness to be trained. You can use treats or snacks to praise a English Cocker Spaniel, but definitely you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Try to train him on 1 instruction after another. In case he is unable to absorb it, stay on that command only because adding other instructions will probablly just confuse the English Cocker Spaniel. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When teaching commands, you must keep your voice pleasant so that the English Cocker Spaniel will gleefully submit to the instructions. English Cocker Spaniels respond best to a low and coaxing voice. When you scream, he may be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train a English Cocker Spaniel in varying locales. When you keep the English Cocker Spaniel in a particular space like your house, he will not have the ability to adjust to a new location with new people. Take him to your dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This will help your English Cocker Spaniel get used to different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The English Cocker Spaniel
Training the English Cocker Spaniel will sometimes be hard, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your English Cocker Spaniel is broken in. You don’t know, he may even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Cocker Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂