Training a Chinese Crested Dog is quite easy. You just need patience, dedication along with 5 simple skills and you will teach them successfully.
In This Article we share 5 Helpful Tips for how to teach the Chinese Crested Dog successfully:
1. To prevent a Chinese Crested Dog from being confused and so that they can begin to understand commands readily just 1 person should be responsible for training the Chinese Crested Dog initially. If too many people try to train the Chinese Crested Dog at the same time this might halt the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always take advantage of positive reinforcements. When a Chinese Crested Dog follows instructions, the trainier might reward the action so he can know that what he did was welcomed. If the Chinese Crested Dog doesn’t understand or follow instructions, don’t punish him. Chinese Crested Dogs are not as intelligent as humans, they make errors. What you must take into account is that a Chinese Crested Dog won’t easily follow all your instructions in the first session, it takes repetition to train the Chinese Crested Dog successfully. Don’t harass your Chinese Crested Dog since he could develop nervousness which might affect his learning and ability to be broken in. You might use food or treats to praise your Chinese Crested Dog, but definitely you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Try to train him on 1 lesson after another. In the instance where he can’t remember it, stay on that command only because trying other skills will most likely just confuse the Chinese Crested Dog. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing instructions, keep your tone cheerful so that your Chinese Crested Dog will willingly follow the orders. Chinese Crested Dogs will respond to a low and confident voice. If you ever scream, he may get annoyed and startled.
5. Train your Chinese Crested Dog in different spaces. When you keep a Chinese Crested Dog in just one certain space like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a different locale with new people. Take him to your dog park or around your neighborhood. This will help your Chinese Crested Dog get used to other breeds and people.
Chinese Crested Dog Training: Conclusion
Teaching the Chinese Crested Dog can frequently be difficult, however it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Chinese Crested Dog is trained. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chinese Crested Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂