Training your Black And Tan Coonhound is not a hard task. All that’s required is dedication, patience together with these five easy to learn tricks and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below are 5 Super Suggestions on how to break in a Black And Tan Coonhound with great results:
1. To avoid your Black And Tan Coonhound from being disoriented and in order that they will be able to learn commands readily just 1 person should train the Black And Tan Coonhound at first. When too many folks try to train a Black And Tan Coonhound at the same time this can halt the process.
2. One should use positive reinforcements. Whenever a Black And Tan Coonhound does something right, one might praise it so he can realize that what he did was correct. If a Black And Tan Coonhound will not follow your commands, never harass him. Black And Tan Coonhounds aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make errors. What you have to take into account is that they won’t readily follow all your instructions in just one session, it requires repetition to teach a Black And Tan Coonhound . Do not push your Black And Tan Coonhound because he could begin to develop skittishness which might negatively affect his learning and ability to be trained. You might use food or treats to encourage your Black And Tan Coonhound, although you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach orders one at a time. Try to teach him one command after the next. In the event he will not retain it, just remain on that command only because piling on more orders may just confuse the Black And Tan Coonhound. Stick to the basics.
4. When teaching orders, just keep your tone pleasant so your Black And Tan Coonhound will gleefully obey your orders. Black And Tan Coonhounds will respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you ever yell, he may be annoyed and startled.
5. Train your Black And Tan Coonhound in various locations. If you keep your Black And Tan Coonhound in one certain location like your house, he will not be able to adapt to a different location with new individuals. Take him to your park or around your neighborhood. This can help your Black And Tan Coonhound get used to other breeds and people.
Training Your Black And Tan Coonhound: Conclusion
Breaking in a Black And Tan Coonhound can sometimes be difficult, however it will always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Black And Tan Coonhound is broken in. You don’t know, he may even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Black And Tan Coonhounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂