Training Bergamasco Shepherds is pretty simple. Just have a little dedication, patience and these five easy to learn tactics and you will train them successfully.
Below are five Useful Techniques on how to break in the Bergamasco Shepherd with good results:
1. In order to prevent a Bergamasco Shepherd from becoming disoriented and so that they will be able to learn to understand orders easily only one person should train the Bergamasco Shepherd starting out. If too many people are attempting to train your Bergamasco Shepherd simultaneously it might stop the process.
2. Trainers should take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. When your Bergamasco Shepherd does something right, one might reward it so that he will understand that what he did was correct. If a Bergamasco Shepherd does not follow or understand your commands, never push him. Bergamasco Shepherds are not as smart as humans, they make mistakes. What you should accept is that they will not easily understand all your orders in just 1 session, it takes repetitive actions to teach a Bergamasco Shepherd . Do not harass the Bergamasco Shepherd since he could begin to develop fear which might retard his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers can give food or treats to praise a Bergamasco Shepherd, although you don’t want to overdue it.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 instruction after the other. In the event he cannot learn it, stay on that skill only because trying new skills will just confuse the Bergamasco Shepherd. Start with the basics.
4. When executing instructions, just keep your tone cheerful so the Bergamasco Shepherd will gladly submit to the orders. Bergamasco Shepherds will respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you ever shout out loud, he could be nervous and fearful.
5. Train the Bergamasco Shepherd in multiple environments. If you keep your Bergamasco Shepherd in just one particular space like your house, he may not have the ability to adjust to a new place with new people. Take him to your park or through your neighborhood. This can aid your Bergamasco Shepherd associate with different people and breeds.
Bergamasco Shepherd Training: Conclusion
Breaking in a Bergamasco Shepherd will often be hard, but it’ll be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your Bergamasco Shepherd is reared. Who knows, he might even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bergamasco Shepherds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂