Training Treeing Curs is quite simple. All that’s required is patience, dedication and a few simple skills and you’ll train them successfully.
Here we share five Useful Tips for how to teach a Treeing Cur successfully:
1. In order to avoid the Treeing Cur from getting confused and in order that they can learn to understand orders easily only a single person should be responsible for training the Treeing Cur at first. When too many folks are trying to train the Treeing Cur simultaneously it might stop the process.
2. One must take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. When a Treeing Cur follows commands, one must praise it so he will realize that what he did was proper. If your Treeing Cur cannot follow and understand commands, don’t push him. Treeing Curs are not as intelligent as humans, they make mistakes. What you need to realize is that a Treeing Cur may not easily follow all your orders in the first session, it requires repetitive actions to teach a Treeing Cur . Do not push your Treeing Cur since he might begin to develop nervousness which can hinder his learning and ability to be broken in. You may give them snacks or treats in order to reward a Treeing Cur, but please you don’t want to overuse it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Try to train him on 1 command after the other. In case he is unable to remember it, try to remain on that instruction only because piling on additional lessons will probablly just confuse the Treeing Cur. Start with the basics.
4. When executing commands, you should keep your inflection cheerful so your Treeing Cur will willingly follow your teachings. Treeing Curs respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you yell, he could get agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Treeing Cur in multiple locales. If you keep your Treeing Cur in just 1 particular location like your house, he might not be able to adjust to a new environment with new people. Take him to a dog park or around the neighborhood. This can aid your Treeing Cur get used to more people and breeds.
Training A Treeing Cur: Conclusion
Breaking in the Treeing Cur will frequently be difficult, but it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Treeing Cur is broken in. You never know, he might even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Treeing Curs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂