Training your Saluki is very simple. All you need is dedication, patience together with 5 simple tricks and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share 5 Great Tips on how you can break in the Saluki with good results:
1. To avoid a Saluki from becoming unsure and in order that they can learn orders easily just one individual should be responsible for training the Saluki to start. If too many folks are attempting to train your Saluki simultaneously this can halt the process in its tracks.
2. One should utilize positive feedback. If the Saluki listens, you might praise it so that he will realize that what he did was right. If a Saluki does not follow and understand your commands, don’t push him. Salukis aren’t as smart as we are, they make errors. What you should realize is that the Saluki will not readily follow your instructions in just 1 session, it requires repetition to break in the Saluki . Don’t punish the Saluki because he may develop timidness which will probaby reduce the speed of his learning and readiness to be broken in. Trainers can use food or treats to reward the Saluki, but you don’t want to overuse it.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Make sure to train him on one order after another. In the event he won’t absorb it, try to stay on that command only because piling on more skills may just confuse the Saluki. Begin with the basics.
4. When you are giving instructions, you must keep your voice pleasant so the Saluki will willingly submit to your commands. Salukis will respond to a low and confident voice. If you yell, he might get agitated and fearful.
5. Train your Saluki in various environments. When you keep your Saluki in just 1 certain environment like your home, he won’t be able to adjust to a new space with different individuals. Take him to a dog park or through your neighborhood. This can aid your Saluki associate with other people and breeds.
Training The Saluki: Conclusion
Breaking in the Saluki will often be challenging, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Saluki is trained. You don’t know, he might even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Salukis
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂