Training the English Springer Spaniel is very simple. It just takes a little patience, dedication and 5 easy to learn tricks and you’ll teach them successfully.
In This Article are 5 Top Tips on how to train the English Springer Spaniel with great results:
1. To avoid your English Springer Spaniel from getting disoriented and in order that they will be able to learn orders quickly only 1 person should be responsible for training your English Springer Spaniel at first. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train a English Springer Spaniel at the same time it will stop progress in its tracks.
2. One must utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. If the English Springer Spaniel does something good, one should praise the act so he will realize that what he did was correct. If the English Springer Spaniel doesn’t understand commands, never scold him. English Springer Spaniels are not as intelligent as us, they take longer to learn. What you must understand is that they may not readily follow your commands in just one training, it takes repeated attempts to teach your English Springer Spaniel . Do not scold a English Springer Spaniel because he could develop fear which might retard his learning and ability to be broken in. Trainers might give snacks in order to reward your English Springer Spaniel, but definitely do not overuse it.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Try to teach him one skill after another. In case he can’t learn it, stay on that skill only because trying other orders may just confuse the English Springer Spaniel. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. In giving instructions, you should keep your tone pleasant so that your English Springer Spaniel will willingly follow the orders. English Springer Spaniels will respond to a quiet and confident tone. If you shout out loud, he could be nervous and afraid.
5. Train the English Springer Spaniel in varying environments. If you keep your English Springer Spaniel in just one particular location like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a new locale with different individuals. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This can help your English Springer Spaniel get familiar with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: English Springer Spaniel Training
Teaching a English Springer Spaniel can sometimes be hard, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the one to benefit when your English Springer Spaniel is taught. You don’t know, he might even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Springer Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂