Training a Berger Picard is very easy. You just need to have a little dedication, patience coupled with these simple tricks and you will train them successfully.
Below we share 5 Helpful Tips on how to train a Berger Picard with good results:
1. To avoid the Berger Picard from getting unsure and in order that they can learn orders quickly just 1 person should be responsible for training a Berger Picard in the beginning. In instances where too many individuals are attempting to train the Berger Picard at the same time it can halt the process.
2. You must utilize positive feedback. Once the Berger Picard obeys, one must praise it so that he will know that what he did was right. If a Berger Picard doesn’t follow or understand instructions, don’t berate him. Berger Picards aren’t as smart as we are, they take longer to learn. What you have to accept is that the Berger Picard will not readily understand your commands in the first teaching, it takes repetition to teach your Berger Picard . Don’t punish your Berger Picard since he could develop skittishness which will probaby affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers should give treats or food to encourage your Berger Picard, but you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Try to train him on one command after another. In case he can’t learn it, just stay on that instruction only because trying additional lessons may just confuse the Berger Picard. Begin with the basics.
4. When you are executing skills, you must keep your voice pleasant so your Berger Picard will gladly obey your instructions. Berger Picards respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you yell, he may become unresponsive and fearful.
5. Train your Berger Picard in varying spaces. When you keep your Berger Picard in 1 particular place like your home, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a new space with new people. Take him to your dog park or around your neighborhood. This can aid your Berger Picard get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Berger Picard Training: Conclusion
Breaking in your Berger Picard can frequently be challenging, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Berger Picard is reared. You never know, he may even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Berger Picards
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂