Training American Cocker Spaniels is not a hard job. All you need is patience, dedication together with a few easy to learn skills and you’ll break them in successfully.
Here we share five Great Suggestions for how you can teach a American Cocker Spaniel with fantastic results:
1. To avoid a American Cocker Spaniel from getting confused and in order that they can learn instructions easily only a single person should be responsible for training your American Cocker Spaniel starting out. In instances where too many people are attempting to train a American Cocker Spaniel simultaneously this might stop progress in its tracks.
2. One must always take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. When the American Cocker Spaniel follows orders, you might praise the act so that he can know that what he did was good. If your American Cocker Spaniel does not follow or understand your commands, don’t berate him. American Cocker Spaniels aren’t as smart as we are, they make errors. What you have to realize is that they may not easily understand your commands in just one training, it takes repetition to train a American Cocker Spaniel successfully. Don’t punish a American Cocker Spaniel because he might develop nervousness which may stunt his learning and readiness to be taught. You can give food to encourage your American Cocker Spaniel, but you should not overuse it.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Make sure to train him on one lesson after another. In the instance where he cannot learn it, remain on that lesson only because piling on additional commands will just confuse the American Cocker Spaniel. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are teaching instructions, you should keep your intonation pleasant so your American Cocker Spaniel will happily follow the lessons. American Cocker Spaniels respond best to a quiet and confident voice. When you scream, he may get unresponsive and startled.
5. Train the American Cocker Spaniel in various locations. When you keep a American Cocker Spaniel in a certain place like your home, he won’t be able to adapt to a new locale with different people. Take him to the park or throughout your neighborhood. This will help your American Cocker Spaniel get used to more breeds and people.
American Cocker Spaniel Training: Conclusion
Training a American Cocker Spaniel can frequently be tough, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your American Cocker Spaniel is taught. You never know, he could even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about American Cocker Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂