Training the Tibetan Mastiff is quite easy. It just takes a little dedication, patience and these 5 easy to learn techniques and you will teach them successfully.
Here we share 5 Great Suggestions on how to break in your Tibetan Mastiff with fantastic results:
1. In order to prevent a Tibetan Mastiff from becoming disoriented and in order that they will be able to recognize commands easily just a single person should be responsible for training your Tibetan Mastiff at first. When too many individuals are trying to train a Tibetan Mastiff simultaneously it will halt progress.
2. Trainers must take advantage of positive reinforcements. Whenever a Tibetan Mastiff listens, one might praise it so he will realize that what he did was correct. If your Tibetan Mastiff won’t understand commands, don’t push him. Tibetan Mastiffs aren’t as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that they won’t easily follow your instructions in the first teaching, it takes repetition to break in your Tibetan Mastiff . Don’t push a Tibetan Mastiff since he may begin to develop anxiety which may negatively affect his learning and readiness to be taught. Trainers may use food in order to encourage your Tibetan Mastiff, but please don’t take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on one instruction after the next. In the event he won’t retain it, try to stay on that order only because adding new instructions will just confuse the Tibetan Mastiff. Begin with the basics.
4. When giving orders, keep your intonation cheerful so that your Tibetan Mastiff will gleefully submit to the instructions. Tibetan Mastiffs will respond to a low and confident tone. When you yell, he could get annoyed and fearful.
5. Train a Tibetan Mastiff in multiple locations. If you keep your Tibetan Mastiff in 1 certain place like your house, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new environment with new individuals. Take him to the park or around the neighborhood. This can help your Tibetan Mastiff get used to more people and breeds.
Conclusion: Tibetan Mastiff Training
Training your Tibetan Mastiff will often be tough, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Tibetan Mastiff is taught. You never know, he could even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tibetan Mastiffs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂