Training Teddy Roosevelt Terriers is quite simple. All you need is dedication, patience coupled with these simple tricks and you will break them in successfully.
In This Article are five Top Suggestions for how to teach your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier successfully:
1. In order to prevent a Teddy Roosevelt Terrier from becoming unsure and in order that they will be able to begin to recognize commands readily just 1 individual should train the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier starting out. When too many people attempt to train a Teddy Roosevelt Terrier at once this will stop the process.
2. You should always use positive feedback. Once the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier listens, one should praise the action so that he will understand that what he did was correct. If your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier can’t follow or understand commands, don’t berate him. Teddy Roosevelt Terriers are not as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you need to take into account is that the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier might not readily comprehend your orders in the first teaching, it takes repeated actions to train the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier successfully. Do not scold your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier because he may begin to develop skittishness which can affect his learning and willingness to be taught. You can use treats in order to reward your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier, but definitely you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Try to teach him one lesson after the next. If he is unable to remember it, stay on that lesson only because adding additional orders may just confuse the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier. Have faith in the basics.
4. When you are giving orders, you should keep your inflection cheerful so your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier will gladly follow your orders. Teddy Roosevelt Terriers will respond to a low and confident voice. If you ever yell, he could become unresponsive and fearful.
5. Train your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier in different locations. When you keep your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier in just 1 certain space like your house, he will not have the ability to adjust to a new place with new people. Take him to your park or through your neighborhood. This will help your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Teddy Roosevelt Terrier Training: Conclusion
Training your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier can frequently be challenging, however it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier is reared. You never know, he could even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Teddy Roosevelt Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂