Training Norfolk Terriers is quite simple. All you need is dedication, patience along with some simple techniques and you will break them in successfully.
Here we share five Great Suggestions on how you can break in the Norfolk Terrier with great results:
1. In order to avoid your Norfolk Terrier from getting disoriented and so that they can learn to understand orders quickly only a single person should train a Norfolk Terrier starting out. If too many individuals are attempting to train your Norfolk Terrier at the same time it may stop the process.
2. Trainers must utilize positive feedback. If a Norfolk Terrier follows orders, you should praise the action so that he will understand that what he did was right. If a Norfolk Terrier will not understand your commands, never scold him. Norfolk Terriers are not as smart as us, they take longer to learn. What you have to take into account is that a Norfolk Terrier will not easily understand all your orders in only 1 training, it requires repeated actions to train a Norfolk Terrier successfully. Do not push a Norfolk Terrier since he might develop nervousness which will hinder his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers can give them snacks or food to reward your Norfolk Terrier, but you should not overuse it.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Attempt to teach him one order after the next. In the instance where he can’t absorb it, just stay on that skill only because piling on more orders will most likely just confuse the Norfolk Terrier. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. While teaching orders, just keep your intonation pleasant so your Norfolk Terrier will happily follow your instructions. Norfolk Terriers respond to a quiet and confident voice. When you yell, he may be unresponsive and startled.
5. Train a Norfolk Terrier in varying locations. When you keep a Norfolk Terrier in one certain place like your home, he may not have the ability to adapt to a new environment with different individuals. Take him to the park or through your neighborhood. This can help your Norfolk Terrier get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Norfolk Terrier Training
Breaking in a Norfolk Terrier can frequently be difficult, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Norfolk Terrier is trained. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Norfolk Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂