Training your Norfolk Spaniel is very simple. All you need is patience, dedication and 5 easy to learn tactics and you’ll train them successfully.
Here are 5 Useful Techniques on how to train a Norfolk Spaniel with good results:
1. In order to prevent a Norfolk Spaniel from being confused and so that they can learn to recognize orders readily just one individual should be responsible for training a Norfolk Spaniel to start. When too many individuals attempt to train a Norfolk Spaniel at once this may halt progress in its tracks.
2. You should always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever a Norfolk Spaniel obeys, one should reward the action so he can know that what he did was correct. If a Norfolk Spaniel doesn’t understand or follow instructions, never push him. Norfolk Spaniels are not as smart as we are, they make mistakes. What you need to accept is that your Norfolk Spaniel won’t readily obey your commands in just one session, it requires repeated actions to teach your Norfolk Spaniel successfully. Don’t berate a Norfolk Spaniel because he might develop nervousness which will probaby retard his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers should give them food or treats in order to encourage the Norfolk Spaniel, but please you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Try to teach him 1 lesson after the next. In the instance where he won’t retain it, remain on that lesson only because adding new orders may just confuse the Norfolk Spaniel. Start with the fundamentals.
4. In teaching skills, just keep your intonation cheerful so your Norfolk Spaniel will cheerfully follow the lessons. Norfolk Spaniels respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you shout out loud, he could become agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Norfolk Spaniel in multiple locations. If you keep your Norfolk Spaniel in a certain location like your house, he may not have the ability to adapt to a different environment with different individuals. Take him to your park or through the neighborhood. This can assist your Norfolk Spaniel get acquainted with more breeds and people.
Norfolk Spaniel Training: Conclusion
Teaching a Norfolk Spaniel can often be tough, however it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Norfolk Spaniel is taught. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Norfolk Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂