Training the Lithuanian Hound is quite easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication as well as 5 easy to learn skills and you will train them successfully.
In This Article we share five Great Techniques for how to train a Lithuanian Hound successfully:
1. To prevent the Lithuanian Hound from being unsure and so that they will be able to learn to understand orders quickly only one person should be responsible for training the Lithuanian Hound to start. In instances where too many individuals are trying to train your Lithuanian Hound at the same time this might stop the process.
2. Trainers must always use positive reinforcements. Once the Lithuanian Hound does something well, you should reward this behavior so he will realize that what he did was right. If your Lithuanian Hound will not understand your commands, never scold him. Lithuanian Hounds aren’t as smart as humans, they make errors. What you must understand is that they may not easily obey your instructions in the first teaching, it requires repetition to train a Lithuanian Hound successfully. Do not scold a Lithuanian Hound as he might develop skittishness which might retard his learning and readiness to be trained. You might give them treats or food in order to encourage a Lithuanian Hound, although you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 command after the other. In case he won’t retain it, just remain on that skill only because adding new lessons will most likely just confuse the Lithuanian Hound. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. While teaching lessons, you should keep your intonation cheerful so that your Lithuanian Hound will gladly obey the lessons. Lithuanian Hounds respond best to a low and coaxing tone. When you scream, he might be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train a Lithuanian Hound in multiple locales. If you keep a Lithuanian Hound in a particular environment like your house, he won’t be able to adapt to a different space with new individuals. Take him to a dog park or through the neighborhood. This can help your Lithuanian Hound get used to other people and breeds.
Lithuanian Hound Training: Conclusion
Breaking in the Lithuanian Hound will frequently be hard, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Lithuanian Hound is taught. Who knows, he may even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lithuanian Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂