Training Laekenoiss is pretty simple. All that’s required is patience, dedication along with these easy to learn tricks and you’ll teach them successfully.
Here are five Helpful Suggestions for how to train a Laekenois successfully:
1. In order to avoid the Laekenois from getting confused and so that they will be able to learn commands readily just a single individual should be responsible for training a Laekenois to start. In instances where too many people are trying to train a Laekenois at once it may halt progress in its tracks.
2. One should use positive reinforcements and feedback. Once your Laekenois follows orders, the trainier should reward the action so he can know that what he did was correct. If the Laekenois does not understand or follow commands, don’t push him. Laekenoiss are not as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you must accept is that they may not readily understand your orders in the first session, it takes repetitive attempts to break in the Laekenois . Don’t punish a Laekenois because he might begin to develop fear which might retard his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers may give them treats or food to praise your Laekenois, but do not overdue it.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 skill after another. If he is unable to learn it, remain on that lesson only because adding other instructions might just confuse the Laekenois. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. In teaching orders, keep your intonation pleasant so that your Laekenois will gladly submit to the orders. Laekenoiss respond best to a quiet and confident tone. If you yell, he may become unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train the Laekenois in various places. If you keep the Laekenois in just one certain environment like your house, he may not have the ability to adjust to a new locale with different people. Take him to a park or through your neighborhood. This can help your Laekenois get familiar with more breeds and people.
Laekenois Training: Conclusion
Teaching the Laekenois will sometimes be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Laekenois is reared. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Laekenoiss
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂