Training the Karst Shepherd is not a hard job. You just need patience, dedication along with a few simple techniques and you’ll train them successfully.
Below are five Helpful Tips for how you can teach a Karst Shepherd with good results:
1. To prevent the Karst Shepherd from being disoriented and in order that they can understand instructions readily only a single person should train the Karst Shepherd at first. If too many people are trying to train a Karst Shepherd simultaneously this will stop the process.
2. You must always take advantage of positive feedback. If the Karst Shepherd follows commands, one should reward the act so that he can understand that what he did was right. If your Karst Shepherd can’t understand instructions, never push him. Karst Shepherds aren’t as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you must accept is that they will not readily follow all your orders in the first training, it requires repetition to teach a Karst Shepherd . Don’t scold a Karst Shepherd because he could begin to develop anxiety which will stunt his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers may use food or treats in order to reward the Karst Shepherd, but you should not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 order after the other. In the event he cannot learn it, stay on that command only because piling on additional orders may just confuse the Karst Shepherd. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. In teaching instructions, just keep your tone cheerful so your Karst Shepherd will cheerfully obey your commands. Karst Shepherds will respond to a quiet and confident voice. If you shout out loud, he may be unresponsive and startled.
5. Train the Karst Shepherd in multiple locales. When you keep a Karst Shepherd in just one particular place like your house, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a new location with different people. Take him to the dog park or around the neighborhood. This will assist your Karst Shepherd get familiar with different breeds and people.
Karst Shepherd Training: Conclusion
Breaking in your Karst Shepherd can frequently be challenging, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Karst Shepherd is trained. Who knows, he could even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Karst Shepherds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂