Training Burgos Pointers is not a hard task. You just need patience, dedication together with five simple tricks and you’ll train them successfully.
Below are five Helpful Tips on how you can train a Burgos Pointer with great results:
1. To avoid a Burgos Pointer from getting disoriented and so that they will be able to begin to understand instructions readily just one person should train the Burgos Pointer to start. If too many individuals attempt to train your Burgos Pointer simultaneously this can stop progress in its tracks.
2. One must always utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever your Burgos Pointer follows instructions, the trainier must praise this behavior so that he can understand that what he did was right. If a Burgos Pointer cannot follow your commands, never harass him. Burgos Pointers are not as intelligent as us, they take longer to learn. What you need to realize is that they may not easily follow all your orders in just 1 training, it requires repetition to break in your Burgos Pointer . Don’t scold your Burgos Pointer because he may develop skittishness which can stunt his learning and readiness to be taught. You should use treats to praise the Burgos Pointer, but definitely you should not overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him one lesson after the other. In case he will not absorb it, just remain on that command only because trying more commands may just confuse the Burgos Pointer. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. While giving skills, you should keep your tone pleasant so the Burgos Pointer will cheerfully obey the commands. Burgos Pointers will respond to a low and confident voice. If you ever scream, he might become annoyed and startled.
5. Train a Burgos Pointer in different environments. If you keep your Burgos Pointer in one particular space like your house, he will not have the ability to adjust to a different space with new individuals. Take him to the dog park or through the neighborhood. This can help your Burgos Pointer get used to other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Burgos Pointer Training
Teaching your Burgos Pointer will frequently be challenging, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Burgos Pointer is trained. You never know, he may even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Burgos Pointers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂