Training Borzois is very simple. All you need is patience, dedication along with some simple tricks and you’ll train them successfully.
Here we share 5 Super Techniques on how you can teach a Borzoi with fantastic results:
1. To avoid your Borzoi from getting confused and in order that they will be able to learn orders easily just 1 individual should train your Borzoi in the beginning. In instances where too many individuals try to train the Borzoi at the same time this may stop progress in its tracks.
2. You must always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. If a Borzoi listens, you might reward it so he can realize that what he did was correct. If your Borzoi does not understand your commands, don’t push him. Borzois are not as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to accept is that the Borzoi won’t easily follow your instructions in just 1 teaching, it requires repetition to break in the Borzoi successfully. Do not berate a Borzoi since he could develop skittishness which will probaby hinder his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers can use treats or food to reward a Borzoi, but please you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 lesson after another. In the event he cannot learn it, try to stay on that command only because adding more orders may just confuse the Borzoi. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When executing orders, you must keep your intonation pleasant so your Borzoi will gleefully submit to the lessons. Borzois respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you ever yell, he could become unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train a Borzoi in varying places. When you keep a Borzoi in a particular place like your home, he will not have the ability to adjust to a different environment with new people. Take him to the dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This will aid your Borzoi get familiar with other people and breeds.
Training Your Borzoi: Conclusion
Teaching your Borzoi can sometimes be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your Borzoi is trained. You don’t know, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Borzois
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂