Training the Rottweiler is very simple. It just takes a little dedication, patience together with five simple tactics and you’ll train them successfully.
Here are 5 Super Suggestions for how to break in your Rottweiler with great results:
1. In order to prevent the Rottweiler from getting disoriented and in order that they will be able to learn to recognize instructions readily just one person should be responsible for training your Rottweiler initially. When too many people try to train your Rottweiler at once this can stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Once a Rottweiler obeys, you should reward this behavior so that he will understand that what he did was right. If a Rottweiler does not understand or follow instructions, don’t punish him. Rottweilers aren’t as intelligent as we are, they take longer to learn. What you have to accept is that they will not readily follow all your orders in only one training, it requires repeated actions to break in your Rottweiler successfully. Do not push the Rottweiler because he could develop anxiety which may retard his learning and ability to be taught. You may give them treats or food to praise the Rottweiler, but you do not want to overdue it.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 order after the next. In case he won’t remember it, try to remain on that order only because trying other lessons might just confuse the Rottweiler. Stick to the basics.
4. When executing instructions, keep your inflection pleasant so your Rottweiler will happily obey the instructions. Rottweilers will respond to a low and confident tone. If you ever scream, he could get unresponsive and startled.
5. Train a Rottweiler in multiple locales. When you keep your Rottweiler in a particular place like your home, he might not be able to adjust to a new environment with new individuals. Take him to your park or throughout the neighborhood. This will help your Rottweiler get familiar with more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Rottweiler Training
Teaching a Rottweiler will often be hard, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Rottweiler is taught. Who knows, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Rottweilers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂