Training Field Spaniels is pretty easy. You just need patience, dedication and five simple tactics and you will teach them successfully.
Below are five Super Techniques on how to break in your Field Spaniel with good results:
1. In order to prevent the Field Spaniel from getting disoriented and so that they can learn to recognize instructions quickly just a single individual should be responsible for training a Field Spaniel starting out. When too many people attempt to train a Field Spaniel simultaneously it may stop the process.
2. You should always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever your Field Spaniel obeys, the trainier might praise it so he will realize that what he did was good. If a Field Spaniel cannot follow commands, don’t harass him. Field Spaniels are not as smart as we are, they take longer to learn. What you must realize is that they might not easily obey all your instructions in just 1 training, it requires repetition to train your Field Spaniel successfully. Don’t punish a Field Spaniel as he could begin to develop skittishness which might retard his learning and ability to be broken in. You may use food or snacks to reward a Field Spaniel, but please you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 skill after another. If he cannot learn it, remain on that lesson only because piling on additional commands might just confuse the Field Spaniel. Have faith in the basics.
4. While executing commands, keep your tone cheerful so the Field Spaniel will willingly submit to your lessons. Field Spaniels respond to a quiet and confident voice. If you scream, he could get unresponsive and fearful.
5. Train your Field Spaniel in different environments. If you keep a Field Spaniel in one certain location like your house, he may not have the ability to adapt to a different environment with new people. Take him to a park or around the neighborhood. This will aid your Field Spaniel get acquainted with different people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training The Field Spaniel
Teaching your Field Spaniel can frequently be tough, however it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Field Spaniel is taught. You don’t know, he might even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Field Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂