Training Chihuahuas is pretty easy. It just takes a little dedication, patience coupled with some easy to learn tactics and you will teach them successfully.
Below are 5 Super Tips for how to break in your Chihuahua with great results:
1. To avoid the Chihuahua from getting disoriented and so that they will be able to begin to recognize orders readily just 1 person should train your Chihuahua at first. If too many people try to train a Chihuahua at once it will stop the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always use positive feedback. If the Chihuahua listens, one should praise it so that he can know that what he did was correct. If a Chihuahua can’t follow and understand commands, don’t punish him. Chihuahuas aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you must realize is that a Chihuahua may not readily comprehend your instructions in the first session, it takes repetition to teach a Chihuahua . Do not harass a Chihuahua as he may develop fear which might hinder his learning and ability to be taught. You may use food or treats to praise a Chihuahua, but please you should not take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him one lesson after the other. If he can’t retain it, just remain on that command only because adding other instructions will just confuse the Chihuahua. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When executing commands, just keep your voice cheerful so your Chihuahua will happily obey the lessons. Chihuahuas respond to a quiet and coaxing tone. When you yell, he could be annoyed and afraid.
5. Train the Chihuahua in various environments. When you keep your Chihuahua in just 1 certain location like your home, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different environment with new people. Take him to a park or through the neighborhood. This can aid your Chihuahua get used to more people and breeds.
Chihuahua Training: Conclusion
Teaching a Chihuahua can sometimes be tough, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Chihuahua is broken in. You don’t know, he may even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chihuahuas
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂