Training Australian Cattle Dogs is very easy. Just have a little patience, dedication as well as these easy to learn skills and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share 5 Super Suggestions on how to teach a Australian Cattle Dog successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Australian Cattle Dog from being unsure and in order that they can recognize orders easily only one person should be responsible for training a Australian Cattle Dog to start. In instances where too many people attempt to train your Australian Cattle Dog simultaneously this might stop the process.
2. You must always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. When your Australian Cattle Dog does something good, you should reward it so he can realize that what he did was correct. If your Australian Cattle Dog does not understand and follow commands, don’t berate him. Australian Cattle Dogs aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should accept is that they will not easily comprehend all your orders in only 1 session, it takes repetition to break in the Australian Cattle Dog . Do not punish your Australian Cattle Dog as he could develop anxiety which will probaby negatively affect his learning and readiness to be broken in. You should use treats to encourage a Australian Cattle Dog, but definitely you do not want to overdue it.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Try to train him on 1 instruction after the other. In case he won’t absorb it, try to remain on that instruction only because adding additional skills might just confuse the Australian Cattle Dog. Begin with the basics.
4. When teaching lessons, keep your voice pleasant so your Australian Cattle Dog will willingly submit to the commands. Australian Cattle Dogs respond to a low and confident tone. When you scream, he may become agitated and startled.
5. Train a Australian Cattle Dog in multiple locales. If you keep your Australian Cattle Dog in just 1 particular location like your house, he won’t have the ability to adjust to a new environment with new people. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This can aid your Australian Cattle Dog get familiar with different breeds and people.
Australian Cattle Dog Training: Conclusion
Breaking in the Australian Cattle Dog can sometimes be hard, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Australian Cattle Dog is trained. Who knows, he might even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Australian Cattle Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂