Training the Gascon Saintongeois is quite easy. All you need is patience, dedication coupled with these 5 simple tactics and you’ll teach them successfully.
In This Article are 5 Helpful Tips on how to break in a Gascon Saintongeois successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Gascon Saintongeois from getting disoriented and so that they can understand commands easily just a single person should be responsible for training a Gascon Saintongeois to start. If too many individuals attempt to train the Gascon Saintongeois simultaneously it might stop the process.
2. One should take advantage of positive feedback. When your Gascon Saintongeois follows instructions, the trainier should praise the act so that he will realize that what he did was good. If your Gascon Saintongeois can’t understand or follow your commands, don’t berate him. Gascon Saintongeoiss aren’t as smart as we are, they make errors. What you have to understand is that they won’t readily obey your orders in only one session, it requires repetition to train a Gascon Saintongeois successfully. Don’t harass a Gascon Saintongeois as he might develop skittishness which may affect his learning and readiness to be trained. You can give them treats or snacks in order to encourage a Gascon Saintongeois, but please you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 order after the other. In the instance where he can’t retain it, just stay on that skill only because adding other lessons may just confuse the Gascon Saintongeois. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. While teaching skills, you must keep your inflection pleasant so the Gascon Saintongeois will willingly follow the teachings. Gascon Saintongeoiss will respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you yell, he could be nervous and fearful.
5. Train the Gascon Saintongeois in varying places. When you keep a Gascon Saintongeois in just one particular environment like your home, he might not be able to adapt to a different space with different individuals. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This will help your Gascon Saintongeois associate with other breeds and people.
Training The Gascon Saintongeois: Conclusion
Training a Gascon Saintongeois will sometimes be tough, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your Gascon Saintongeois is trained. Who knows, he may even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Gascon Saintongeoiss
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂