Training Coton De Tulears is not a hard job. It just takes a little dedication, patience together with these 5 simple tricks and you will train them successfully.
Here we share 5 Helpful Tips for how to break in your Coton De Tulear successfully:
1. In order to avoid the Coton De Tulear from getting unsure and so that they can begin to learn instructions quickly just 1 person should train your Coton De Tulear in the beginning. When too many folks are trying to train the Coton De Tulear at once this may stop the process in its tracks.
2. You should take advantage of positive feedback. Once a Coton De Tulear listens, you should praise the act so that he can realize that what he did was good. If the Coton De Tulear doesn’t understand and follow instructions, don’t harass him. Coton De Tulears are not as smart as we are, they take longer to learn. What you need to accept is that they may not easily comprehend your orders in only 1 teaching, it requires repetition to break in your Coton De Tulear . Don’t scold the Coton De Tulear because he may begin to develop anxiety which can reduce the rate of his learning and ability to be broken in. Trainers might give them food or treats to encourage the Coton De Tulear, but please you do not want to overuse it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 command after another. If he is unable to remember it, try to stay on that skill only because trying new orders will probablly just confuse the Coton De Tulear. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing skills, keep your inflection pleasant so that your Coton De Tulear will happily follow the teachings. Coton De Tulears will respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you yell, he could be unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train your Coton De Tulear in various environments. When you keep the Coton De Tulear in a particular place like your house, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a new environment with different people. Take him to a park or through your neighborhood. This can aid your Coton De Tulear get used to other people and breeds.
Training A Coton De Tulear: Conclusion
Breaking in the Coton De Tulear can sometimes be tough, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Coton De Tulear is reared. Who knows, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Coton De Tulears
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂