Training Lagotto Romagnolos is pretty easy. Just have a little patience, dedication coupled with these simple skills and you will train them successfully.
Below we share five Top Techniques on how you can train your Lagotto Romagnolo successfully:
1. To prevent the Lagotto Romagnolo from becoming confused and in order that they will be able to learn instructions quickly only 1 individual should be responsible for training the Lagotto Romagnolo initially. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train your Lagotto Romagnolo simultaneously this might halt the process.
2. One must use positive feedback and reinforcements. Whenever your Lagotto Romagnolo follows instructions, you might reward the act so that he will realize that what he did was welcomed. If a Lagotto Romagnolo will not follow and understand your commands, don’t punish him. Lagotto Romagnolos are not as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to understand is that your Lagotto Romagnolo will not readily understand your instructions in the first session, it takes repetition to train your Lagotto Romagnolo . Don’t scold the Lagotto Romagnolo as he might develop anxiety which can hinder his learning and readiness to be trained. You can use snacks to reward a Lagotto Romagnolo, but please you should not take it too far.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Make sure to teach him one command after the other. In case he cannot retain it, stay on that skill only because piling on other commands will probablly just confuse the Lagotto Romagnolo. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. In teaching skills, keep your tone pleasant so the Lagotto Romagnolo will cheerfully obey the instructions. Lagotto Romagnolos respond best to a low and coaxing voice. If you ever shout out loud, he may be unresponsive and startled.
5. Train the Lagotto Romagnolo in different locations. If you keep your Lagotto Romagnolo in just one particular location like your home, he will not be able to adapt to a new place with new people. Take him to a dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This can aid your Lagotto Romagnolo get familiar with more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The Lagotto Romagnolo
Breaking in your Lagotto Romagnolo will sometimes be hard, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Lagotto Romagnolo is taught. Who knows, he could even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lagotto Romagnolos
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂