Training your English Water Spaniel is pretty simple. All that’s required is patience, dedication coupled with these five easy to learn tricks and you will teach them successfully.
Below are five Top Suggestions for how to teach the English Water Spaniel with great results:
1. In order to prevent your English Water Spaniel from getting unsure and so that they can begin to learn orders readily only a single individual should train the English Water Spaniel starting out. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train the English Water Spaniel at once this can stop progress in its tracks.
2. You should take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. If your English Water Spaniel follows orders, you might praise this behavior so he can know that what he did was correct. If a English Water Spaniel cannot understand and follow instructions, don’t scold him. English Water Spaniels aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you must realize is that the English Water Spaniel won’t readily follow all your commands in the first teaching, it takes repetition to train a English Water Spaniel . Do not push the English Water Spaniel as he might begin to develop skittishness which can retard his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers might give them snacks or treats in order to reward a English Water Spaniel, but please you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to teach him one order after another. In the event he can’t learn it, just stay on that instruction only because trying additional skills will probablly just confuse the English Water Spaniel. Start with the fundamentals.
4. While giving commands, you should keep your voice cheerful so that your English Water Spaniel will gleefully follow the lessons. English Water Spaniels respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you ever scream, he could be annoyed and afraid.
5. Train a English Water Spaniel in varying environments. If you keep a English Water Spaniel in a particular space like your home, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a new locale with different people. Take him to your dog park or around the neighborhood. This can assist your English Water Spaniel get used to different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The English Water Spaniel
Teaching the English Water Spaniel can often be tough, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your English Water Spaniel is reared. Who knows, he might even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Water Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂